Cardanol is abstracted and purified from natural Cashew Shell oil (CNSL). It is a naturalrenewable and excellent raw material to produce Phenolic resin and Epoxyhardener because it can replace or partially replace Phenol.
Cardanol isalso applied in epoxy resins and substitute many Phenols to synthesize newmaterials such as Surfactants, High performance Phenolic resins etc., due toits unique molecular structure. Cardanolhas the reactivity as the oil with Phenol as it is a kind of single hydroxyl phenolwhich has long hydrocarbon chain that contains hydrogen. When compared withPetroleum/Synthetic Phenol, Cardanol has high performance and are veryenvironmental-friendly due to its lower price.
Cardanol iswidely used in the following fields:
1. Liquid or pulverous thermoset Phenolic resin: improve the flexibility andwater resistance of common Phenolic resin, high-performancelaminated board.
2. Epoxy resin hardener, Epoxy resin ameliorant;
3. Liquidphenol: Epoxy resin adhesive, Epoxy resin anti-corrosion coating;
4. Cardanolfriction material such as Brake Shoe pads & Clutch facings.
5. Substitute Tung oil (China wood oil) widely applied in fields of coatings,Copper clad Laminates (CCL), Paper-based Laminates,Printing inks, etc.
6. Light-colored Cardanol is suitable for surface coating & Paints.
7. Foundry resins
8. Insulating Varnishes.
Q: What is Cardanol oil?
A: Cardanol oil is a by-product of cashew nut processing. It is a pale yellow liquid with a unique molecular structure that gives it several useful properties. It is composed of a phenolic lipid called cardanol, which is a natural, renewable resource.
Q: What are the properties of Cardanol oil?
A: Cardanol oil has several useful properties. It is a non-toxic, eco-friendly, and renewable resource. It is also a good solvent, has excellent water resistance, and is an effective anti-corrosive.
Q: What are the uses of Cardanol oil?
A: Cardanol oil has several industrial and commercial uses. It can be used as a friction material, in adhesives and sealants, as a binder in foundry molds, and in coatings for metal surfaces. It can also be used as a building block for the synthesis of polymers and resins.
Q: What is the cost of Cardanol oil?
A: The cost of Cardanol oil in 92 INR/Kilograms
Developed and Managed by Infocom Network Private Limited.